Stupid Viewbots -_-;

Discussion in 'General Streaming Discussions' started by FlibbityFlam, May 26, 2016.

Share This Page

1. FlibbityFlam

FlibbityFlam Novice Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Male
    Unemployed / Streamer
    Hillsboro, OR
    Ratings:
    +21 /0 /-0
    So around 230pm pst standard time yesterday I got a huge jump in viewers. My initial reaction was genuine but skeptical. No one just goes from 10 viewers all the way up to 81 with no explanation. Low and behold I was being viewbotted by someone. It was super upsetting that someone would stoop that low. The only thing I could do was take myself out of the game directory and put the chat in r9k mode to globally ban people for spamming messages. The messages that the spam bots started saying was #trump2016 -_-;. It was absolutely infuriating but not at all unheard of. So I reported myself to twitch support to avoid being banned for something I didn't do. If it ever happens to you the only things you can do is are the things that I did by putting your chat in r9k mode by typing /r9kbeta in your chat and removing yourself from the game list. Be careful out there my friends and remember, haters gonna hate.

Tags:
  2. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +65 /0 /-0
    twitch will not ban you for this. they know people are getting botted all the time with and without their consent.
    the best thing to do is completely ignore it. You don't need to even report it honestly.
    Twitch staff has been screen shotted telling someone why they weren't approved for partnership. the text ended up with the staff member saying "you've got too high of a ratio of bots to real viewers. if you back off on the bots you'll get partnership".
    When all this first started happening they took swift action but now, they couldn't care less, for the most part.
    all these botters want is a reaction. Most viewbot chat names aren't verified so you can simply go into your twitch settings and disable chat for anyone not verified.

3. FlibbityFlam

FlibbityFlam Novice Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Male
    Unemployed / Streamer
    Hillsboro, OR
    Ratings:
    +21 /0 /-0
    Well that's good to know that they won't ban me for it at least. Kinda upsetting they aren't taking it seriously like they once did though. I'll try to give less of a reaction the next time it happens because they definitely got a rise out of me this time that's for sure. Thanks for the tip Jolly, appreciate it.

4. Ryuu Girl

Ryuu Girl Novice Member

May 7, 2016
    Female
    Self- Employed Artist
    TN
    Ratings:
    +25 /0 /-0
    Wow sorry about your situation!

5. Livicole

Livicole Novice Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Female
    Game Designer, Streamer, Waitress
    NYC
    Ratings:
    +25 /0 /-0
    Ugh this happened to me once, too. I didn't even know about viewbotting at the time, but I all of a sudden got like 30 follows in a row, and the next day most of them were gone. It's super annoying and pathetic of people to do. Sorry that it happened to you ;( But yeah, like Jolly said, from what I've heard, you don't have to report yourself, it's not a big deal. Twitch understands that most people have it happen to them - they're not doing it themselves. Unless there's absolute proof that you're doing it to yourself on a regular basis, they won't care.

6. ShroudOfSelizar

ShroudOfSelizar Novice Member

May 21, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +15 /0 /-0
    This happened in a dudes stream last night that I popped in to watch briefly. He got viewbotted by people spamming "I HATE N1.." finish the N word. That was constant for a good 30 minutes. It's rough. I've been viewbotted once, but it was only by about 25.. I locked the chat down, put my settings to require verified accounts to use chat, banned all the names I saw, released the lock down on my chat, and haven't had a problem since.

Now I just get trolls demanding that I do PvP in games instead of PvE. Like.. get over yourself. I play how I want to play. It's my channel.. not yours. You don't make demands. :emoji_smile:

7. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +65 /0 /-0
    Here's why they don't care anymore, the more popular twitch looks the more advertisers will pay them and the more that will want to put ads on their service.

this actually has me trying to figure out how to do these giveaways. Because with how botted LoL and CS:GO are, i really rather not promote a stream that simply isn't going to benefit from it. Within our own community, it would help pull in more of the members of the FB group that are just posting their link and not being active with jumping into other peoples streams. The real goal is to get randoms outside the group into your stream.

but that's a discussion for a later time and day.