Its sad that,

Discussion in 'General Streaming Discussions' started by Cacalac1, May 22, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Cacalac1

Cacalac1 Novice Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +12 /0 /-0
    so its sad that we have about 5000 people in the group but once sharing a stream and only getting one viewer(jolly).. im not mad but 1 out of 5000 is kinda embarrassing, we need to help each other guys.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    • Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
      Male
      Engineer Technician
      United States
      Ratings:
      +65 /0 /-0
      It is, the problem is people get that "if they aren't going to support me, i'm not going to support them" or they simply don't put aside time to give back to the group. I struggle with that personally, while I like helping people it's annoying when I'm in someone's stream a lot and they don't reciprocate.
      Part of what i'm trying to accomplish with the site is to remove that "me/my" and bring it to how a guild works, you go and support your buddies. The points system was designed to condition people into being active and chat with each other, this way it's not some dude who wants me to give him a view count, but Cacalac who's going live, lemme go carry this convo on in his chat.
      In theory it should work, if not at least some people here will get some freebies.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
      • Cacalac1

Cacalac1 Novice Member

Apr 29, 2016
        Male
        Ratings:
        +12 /0 /-0
        I know it took me a while to build my stream, but i pop in a out of others everyday and was hopping to have at least 5 or more viewers from the group but nothing, i check my viewers on both YouTube/twitch and only my real friends and jolly every time.

• DragonKing4831

DragonKing4831 Novice Member

Apr 27, 2016
        Male
        Ratings:
        +13 /0 /-0
        Solid points all around u have the people who believe if u dont follow me i wont follow u or if i dont see u in my streams i wont click on yours likewise ive never seen u post about your twitch granted i dont scroll far down the list, likewise ive never seen u in my streams. there are so many factors that are taken in to account granted there should be more than that 1 person going into streams (jolly) but alot of the time the people who do click on some streams they see and leave the chat open which is a huge help to people who get little to no viewers. Sure u havent gotten the people clicking on urs but there are those people who do try to help. have you tried talking to people in their streams connecting with them? yes the group is meant fro that but alot of people join the groups just to post their channels and hope someone clicks on them not caring about anyone else just my 2 cents

i actually see a few people who take advantage of claiming to help people but in the end not really doing a thing except using that as a catalyst to make their channel more popular

• Cacalac1

Cacalac1 Novice Member

Apr 29, 2016
        Male
        Ratings:
        +12 /0 /-0
        it really shows that most people are here for only dropping a link and hoping to get viewers. i dont view many peoples streams, only about 4-6 people, ill start helping out more, but im always commenting on statuses and adding my 2-cents in conversations. with my quality being fixed and my mic working i hope to gain a few followers, now we just wait and take it stream by stream

• NikiTheLiger

NikiTheLiger Novice Member

May 11, 2016
        Male
        Ratings:
        +9 /0 /-0
        I think it's mostly because of Banner Blindness that easily happens in the Facebook group. Effectively what this means is that regular style that most of the posters do. Will not even get seen by users since they are same kind of posts that majority does. So our brain just scroll through them..

You can see what is the majority style:
        most of the statuses.jpg

All of the above posts get's 0 interaction. And you can see this happening quite a lot if you go to the Facebook group and just scroll down. This is not limited to just United Streamers Facebook group but all of the Twitch Facebook groups where streamers post their live notifications.

What actually get's interaction:
        Then-the-others.jpg

As you can see the style is completely different than the majority of posts. Witch get's comments, witch also jumps the "ad" up on the group.

Of source the place matters also and some regular kind of posts can work on other places. Like we tried out some post styles in different groups and the niche group brought the best following with the exact same image than "Where the majority is streamers". Case study over here >>

I think this website is awesome addition for the group :emoji_smile: This is a nice place to discuss everything around streaming and it will be a good place to network :emoji_smile:

Last edited: May 24, 2016
        • RaulMetroNerds

RaulMetroNerds Guest

Ratings:
          +0 /0 /-0
          i started posting video commercial on the group, and still very little if none interaction
          i suppose my face is the problem

• DragonKing4831

DragonKing4831 Novice Member

Apr 27, 2016
          Male
          Ratings:
          +13 /0 /-0
          Me and you would have the same issue then my friend haha

• RaulMetroNerds

RaulMetroNerds Guest

Ratings:
          +0 /0 /-0
          We Should Network then!

• FlibbityFlam

FlibbityFlam Novice Member

Apr 25, 2016
          Male
          Unemployed / Streamer
          Hillsboro, OR
          Ratings:
          +21 /0 /-0
          Cacalac I completely agree with you my friend, you and jolly and a few others are the only ones who drop by in my stream from this group but to be honest I'm grateful for even that! Even if I'm just getting one or two people out of this it's one or two people more than I had yesterday. I'm also sorry I couldn't catch your stream today otherwise I woulda totally been there, my schedule is kinda crazy so it makes being able to jump into other people's streams pretty hard but I consider you to be one of the good ones Cacalac! You and Jolly of course lol. But I'll try to do my part more for you pal, gotta make this place the best it can be!

• ShroudOfSelizar

ShroudOfSelizar Novice Member

May 21, 2016
          Male
          Ratings:
          +15 /0 /-0
          I'd be jumping in more streams of people here if I had a bit more time. My time should be freeing up here in a week or so, but it's hard for me to do much with the wife doing College, people (friends on steam) constantly spamming me for my input on games before they buy them, and of course trying to configure my OBS to run a bit better. I still haven't found that "sweet" spot just yet.. but.. I will also state that back when I first started streaming.. I went the first two and a half weeks with maybe one to two viewers, MAX in my stream.

The fundamental facet of streaming is to keep dedicated. We're all doing this, clearly because we enjoy it and want to. Don't let a lack of viewers or followers be enough to deter you or get under your skin. Yeah, it sucks when you put effort into trying to get people involved and spread the word about your stream.. but just push through. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep posting your links and welcoming people to check your stream out. What this is going to accomplish, is that even those who glance and don't bother coming to check you out will see that you're continuing on, remaining optimistic, and that your overall attitude doesn't appear to have changed.

That will show dedication and determination. That is what I find appealing when looking for new talent to watch or get pointers from myself. Just keep your heads up and keep pushing on. It will all pay off eventually. I know not when, but I know it will.

The big names on Twitch didn't start off big.. and neither are we.. however, where their time has come and they're living it right now.. we're the new era of the Faces of Twitch. We will get there eventually.. we just have to keep supporting each other, keep dedicated, keep pushing on, and not get upset by those that feel we're "not worth their time". In reality.. they aren't worth ours. After all.. we're the ones who have to entertain. :emoji_smile:

• Ryuu Girl

Ryuu Girl Novice Member

May 7, 2016
            Female
            Self- Employed Artist
            TN
            Ratings:
            +25 /0 /-0
            I at least try to drop a follower when I et the chance as well has thinking of engaging discussions.

• ShroudOfSelizar

May 21, 2016
              Male
              Ratings:
              +15 /0 /-0
              And that's all we can do. We can't allow ourselves to get upset about other people not showing up. That's the whole purpose of what I said. We have to remain positive, keep dedicated, and keep moving forward and doing what we all want to do, while supporting those that we can. :emoji_grin:

• Livicole

Livicole Novice Member

Apr 25, 2016
                Female
                Game Designer, Streamer, Waitress
                NYC
                Ratings:
                +25 /0 /-0
                Agreed with Selizar and Ryuu! Unfortunately my schedule is so hectic between school and work that usually the only times I'm able to hop on Twitch are when I'm streaming myself. I try to be as supportive as possible and follow you all, and if I can catch your streams at times, I will definitely be there! Sadly it's just not always possible. But I'm always down to help in any way I can! If you guys have other forms of social media, like Twitter, let me know and I will follow you there and share your tweets and stuff!

• Cacalac1

Cacalac1 Novice Member

Apr 29, 2016
                Male
                Ratings:
                +12 /0 /-0
                but in most cases a follow dont help. whats a person with 5k followers and only 2 viewers on each video, it makes it look like follow for follow

• ShroudOfSelizar

May 21, 2016
                Male
                Ratings:
                +15 /0 /-0
                Okay.. what about the people with 22k Followers, 80 viewers in their channel, and roughly 15 views on videos? is that Follow for Follow? You can't FORCE people to watch your content. People are going to decide if they want to actually sit there and watch you, based on several factors. Not every streamer is every viewers cup of tea.

• Livicole

Livicole Novice Member

Apr 25, 2016
                Female
                Game Designer, Streamer, Waitress
                NYC
                Ratings:
                +25 /0 /-0
                But it's better than nothing? Lol, like I said, I'm willing to help out by sharing your content with friends, retweeting your tweets, etc., but if I'm unable to watch your streams due to scheduling, a follow is the best I can do :emoji_smile: Also, I checked your past broadcasts and most of your streams are on average 45 min - 1 hour. That's not really giving people much time to catch you live :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

• Cacalac1

Cacalac1 Novice Member

Apr 29, 2016
                  Male
                  Ratings:
                  +12 /0 /-0
                  true, i dont give people much time to join and view my streams, im new, plus i dont have a set time i stream yet. but to be active in chats and viewing channels and identifying myself as a united streamer and never having a person other then jolly is messed up, ive been around for about 3 months

• ShroudOfSelizar

May 21, 2016
                  Male
                  Ratings:
                  +15 /0 /-0
                  Well, whenever I have the chance to, I'll pop up in your stream and at least try to converse with you. You just have to remember.. while there are a ton of us that want to help and support each other.. sometimes, circumstances arise that are unexpected and prevent us from doing that. For example.. I intended to do a round of United Streamers Channel hopping earlier for any that were live, so I could follow them, and chit chat for about 10-15 minutes before hopping to the next.. sadly, I wasn't able to do that because the wife and I got into a really messy argument that soaked up the entire evening.

You just have to be mindful of things that are potentially happening on peoples' day to day life, and as difficult as it may be to do.. you also have to take into account the possibilities of something unexpected preventing people from doing something as well.

I still intend to pop in to everyone's channels when I can. I'll get to it eventually, damn it! *fist shake from the Underworld* Lol.

• Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
                  Male
                  Engineer Technician
                  United States
                  Ratings:
                  +65 /0 /-0
                  it's sad that really the only people kind of assured to be in this giveaway are you guys. at the end of the stream i'm going to say whats your name on the forums and BAM if they aren't on the site, not gonna win :emoji_stuck_out_tongue: