Is this forum dead?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Claymore, Jan 2, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Claymore

Claymore Novice Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 /0 /-0
    /Thread

Seems like ever since I've been here it has been pretty empty.

Tags:
  2. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +66 /0 /-0
    right now there's not a ton of traffic as i haven't been putting much content on this site for a while.
    i recently broke my twitter integration where it posts live to twitter once you make a post.
    so that also hurt traffic.
    most of the scripts that handle that sort of stuff need updated but that needs funded by the members, i cant afford to do it on my own.

i'm going to try and fix the twitter bot that posts automatically to @united_streamer twitter account, just not sure how as i made that bot a long time ago and accidently deleted the bot from the crazy way i had to do it.
    then i'm going to start pumping a lot of content into the website to try and get more traffic and users here again.

as of april my hosting renewal will be coming up and is around $250, so it's sort of a mad dash to raise funds. the adsense on this site has only generated around $10.50 and you can't pull cash out till you've hit $100.
    i was planning on using my crypto currency but the market has been hit hard due to the stock market being so bad.
    I still mine, only have a cpu and a low end gpu and mid range gpu to mine on, as that's really my only source of income do to my disabilities that dont permit me to hold/retain a job.
    That $250 will give 3x more years of hosting. so it's not too bad, but to get a great discount on the hosting here, 3x years = a substantial discount vs monthly or yearly.

So that kinda clues you into the up in the air problems.
    i actually thought this site wouldn't be here as of the 5th as i didnt' have the funds to renew the domain here.
    BUT some friends donated to help out with it.

To grind a little more cash i'll be coming back to streaming to hopefully generate some cash flow to invest back into the site.
    should funds permit, i'll actually hire a few writers to help with content here and maybe bring someone on for marketing.