Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cptmouse, Feb 12, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Cptmouse

Cptmouse Novice Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 /0 /-0
    [​IMG] My Name is James W Works Most people Call me Cptmouse!

I mostly edit videos for my friends on YouTube. I think editing videos is pretty cool even to know at times it can be a pain. sweatdrop.gif

I am completely Color Blind (I can only see in black, gray and white aka shades) it makes playing games hard but I still enjoy playing games icon_e_biggrin.gif

I love to play random games. I am a bit of a ranter when i get mad at a game TBH. I mostly live stream from my PS4 if you donate to my twitch and want a shout out let me know in chat icon_cool.gif

My epic twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/youtubecaptainmouse I currently stream Dark souls 2! sweatdrop.gif Battlefield 4! thumbup1.gif Trove! :emoji_smile: and Paragon! :emoji_wink:

Attached Files:

2. DragonKing4831

DragonKing4831 Novice Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +13 /0 /-0
    Welcome pretty cool you take time out of your day to edit a friends youtube videos, he must be a super old friend haha editing videos is the bane of my existence. If you need anything feel free to ask

3. Cptmouse

Cptmouse Novice Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 /0 /-0
    I edit for most people i like edditing videos to me its fun. A way to make others laugh altho being completely color blind makes it difficult at times

4. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +66 /0 /-0
    Being colorblind is a rough road as a creator of pretty much anything.
    I'm colorblind and simply theming this site was a HUGE, undertaking.
    Generally speaking you can't really roam too far out of a wheel house of basic colors, as what any of us would see is usually vastly different. so a text or even a font can be ultra hard to read for us, but others it's easy and looks fine. Most of the reason it was so hard, i simply couldn't distinguish the colors from each other prior to even trying to change them. So i had to change 1 color at a time to something like Lime Green, just to see where it would change the color on the site, then look all over the site to see what other aspects it changes.
    Then came the task of trying to use a good color to replace it, that will work for both colorblind and normals.
    This is why i HATE doing graphics, a normal person could simply just pick colors out quickly, while i have to spend time looking at HEX code to nail down the correct color, do google searches, and spend about 100x longer just doing basic things.
    Just doing the colors here on the site, was a process i spent almost a year tinkering with. wasn't till winter that i finally said, lets spend the next few days doing nothing but editing this theme and the dark theme.
    I know your struggles all too well!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  5. Cptmouse

Cptmouse Novice Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 /0 /-0
    its nice to know that :emoji_grin: