Drawing webcam?

Discussion in 'Advice and Questions' started by buzzbuddy71, Feb 3, 2017.

Share This Page

1. buzzbuddy71

buzzbuddy71 Novice Member

May 19, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 /0 /-0
    Changing my stream up and I need a good webcam to show my drawings. I have a c920 now but it doesn't seem sharp enough? I'm also not partnered so the quality of the stream is lower.

Tags:
  2. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +65 /0 /-0
    Hey @buzzbuddy71 glad to see you around :emoji_grin:
    I'm actually in the same market right now. I've got the c910, actually has a better optical sensor but in some aspects the 920 is better, and above that is the 930. Each of these are pretty close in video quality.
    I'm asking some experts in the field for options from low to high $$ to see what would be good.
    Afterwards, i plan on writing up an article on the topic, but i'll reply here also.

For higher quality, you'll likely need a higher budget than a webcam cost. depending on how high of quality you want, you're going to have a lot higher of a cost. What price range are you willing to go up to? that's the most important question as it will determine what you'll be able to buy.

3. buzzbuddy71

buzzbuddy71 Novice Member

May 19, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 /0 /-0
    Just to post my findings. I think a good light source will eliminate the need to invest in a higher quality camera because you would basically be paying for a low light camera. The trouble is finding the balance between my pencil and the brightness. So I'll get a decent camera to capture my face while I draw and use the c920 to draw.

I've also asked a bunch of people who draw and its either a desk lamp or a soft box that they use. I have access to both options so I'll try both. My soft box is huge though so if I can find anything else I'll use that.

4. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +65 /0 /-0
    there's a project i want to build for people that draw, it would make it so that the entire drawing is shown as you do it, nothing in the way even if your arm is on the paper.
    IF you want to be a guinea pig and pay to have me design it, you can have the first copy :emoji_grin: