Avermedia Live Gamer HD c985 Device is Occupied

Discussion in 'Hardware Support' started by BakHS, Jun 16, 2017.

Share This Page

1. BakHS

BakHS Novice Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 /0 /-0
    Looking for some advice on what to do here since Avermedia Tech Support isn't answering(its been a week)

So I installed Avermedia Recentral and Drivers and blue screened the first time, Then I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. Opened up ReCentral and it says device is occupied. Uninstalled both and reinstalled same issue. I then reformatted the system installed only ReCentral and Drivers and still the same issue with nothing else running. I then reformatted again installing Windows 7 and tried that and once again the same issue.

I also tried using Stream Engine with OBS and Xsplit and just get a black screen with no dimensions.(When expanded its still all black)

Video Card: Nvidia 980 ti
    CPU : Intel i7

Tags:
  2. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +66 /0 /-0
    Sounds like you're opening Recentral then trying to open OBS.
    IF so then that's the problem. Only OBS should be open.
    The only other thing i could think of is maybe your drivers for the motherboard aren't updated or the bios needs updated.

Some other issues, both xsplit and obs default their resolution to the computers resolution. That could cause issues with any and all capture cards.
    If you cant nail down the issue, i do offer support using teamviewer to remote access the system, but that service is listed under the sales threads as i do charge for that type of support.

3. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +66 /0 /-0
    posted the possible fix two days ago. you fixed? hows things going?

4. BakHS

BakHS Novice Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 /0 /-0
    No luck at all, I decided to just return the device