Ankhbot Command Question

Discussion in 'Advice and Questions' started by Noctoru, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:

Share This Page

1. Noctoru

Noctoru Novice Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 /0 /-0
    Hello,

Was wondering if someone more seasoned could help with this question. I'm trying to create a command in Ankhbot called "make it rain".

Here's the result I'm trying to achieve:

- I type: !makeitrain
    - The bot announces that points have been given to everyone in the stream.

Here's what I have so far:

Command: !makeitrain
    Response: $addpoints("$user","20","20","$user made it rain $value $currencyname to everyone in chat!","FailMessage")

I've also tried:
    $addpoints("+viewers","20","20","$user made it rain $value $currencyname to everyone in chat!","FailMessage")

I've also tried:
    $addpoints("$+viewers","20","20","$user made it rain $value $currencyname to everyone in chat!","FailMessage")

I receive the success message, but, the points aren't being given. Any thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +68 /0 /-0
    for this kind of stuff i would refer to @Koukiemonster
    She popped back on the forums not long ago, but haven't seen her post since.

As to what you're trying to accomplish, everything looks right but $user would give the user and user only the currency that types it into chat.
    I personally don't use it right now, nor have i setup custom commands with it. However, i'd assume $everyone would be more appropriate.

from other guides the best i've found is
    !points add +viewers 20
    but i'm sure koukie could chime in with better options, additionally you could reply to her post here

3. Noctoru

Noctoru Novice Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 /0 /-0
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, the !points add +viewers 20 works. But, I was trying to setup parameters so I wouldn't have to type that out every time. My goal is to type !makeitrain and have the bot execute the !points add +viewers 20 command. I even tried giving the bot editor permission but that didn't work either. :emoji_frowning2:

4. Jollyriffic

Jollyriffic Administrator Staff Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Engineer Technician
    United States
    Ratings:
    +68 /0 /-0
    wouldn't
    Code:
    $givepoints("+viewers","$target","$num2","$user gave $target, $value [insert channel currency]","Fail","false")

work?
    it would take from your pool of points and give to them.

5. Noctoru

Noctoru Novice Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 /0 /-0
    Sadly, +viewers doesn't seem to work. In theory, it sounds like it should work but for some reason it doesn't recognize that parameter.